I’m Elizabeth Harrin.
I’ve been blogging since 2006 or thereabouts – I’m getting older, I forget things. It was just before my first book came out, so that sounds right.
I’m a professional organiser. I organise work and other people for a living: I’m a project manager by trade.
Much of what I write is about project management, which is basically managing work. I realised that other bloggers were struggling with productivity and task organisation. Something I found came naturally because of my professional training as a project manager. What was I doing that other people could learn from?
Since 2017 I have been writing about how to get more done as a blogger with less stress and sharing tips for better blogging. Specifically, I write about organising your work, staying productive and effective without burning out and finding a balance that works for you.
On this blog you’ll find tips about blog tools and techniques to help you organise your blogging work. You won’t find advice on how to start a blog. For that, read this excellent article from Pete McPherson on starting a blog.
Do I know my stuff? I like to think so. Some credentials for your consideration:
- I’m a Fellow of the Association for Project Management, which means I’m good at organising stuff at work
- I also write the award-winning blog A Girl’s Guide to Project Management. It won the Project Management category of the Computer Weekly IT Blog Awards in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- In 2010 I was also named Computer Weekly’s Blogger of the Year and in 2011 I was named Computer Weekly’s IT Professional Blogger of the Year.
- I’m the author of 5 books, available at a bookshop near you and published the traditional way. You can look them up on Amazon and you’ll also see a couple of self-published books.
- I teach other people how to organise their blogs. I can teach you, if you like. It’s pretty easy when you know how and my techniques will save you hours. Find out more about How to Organise Your Blog Content.
Totally Organised Blogging has been featured on:
- How to blog consistently with smart project management tips: Brand in a Snap
- Expert tips to monetise your Pinterest business account: The Pinnergrammer
- How to increase website engagement with a quiz: Interact
- Project management for bloggers: Productive Blogging
- Tripwire marketing: The Savvy Couple
- Smart ways to repurpose blog content: Breaking The One Percent
Get in touch
You can reach me via the contact form or at elizabeth (at) elizabeth-harrin dot com. I’d love to hear from you!